Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Today

Days that I miss Mom are not in short supply
Her birthday
Mother's Day
Holidays
and today.

Today I am struggling. I'd like to share my struggle with her. After some initial shock and motherly advice she'd go straight to prayer. And today I need a mother's prayers. Prayers that can get past the walls I've let be built brick by brick. The mortar has dried. I need someone's prayers to get through.

Today, I need my mother's prayers.

If what is happening now had happened 25 years ago, she'd be happy for me. I think. But I am not who I was then. I'm at a different place and this thing I'm struggling with is out of place, so I need my mother in her place---approaching the throne of God on my behalf.

Today, I am having a Romans VII day http://youtu.be/l5dvNI4kl4U

Today, I need her to hold me and tell me she loves me no matter what. I need her to pray me through today giving me strength to do what I know must be done. But I know it won't be easy or done in a day but tomorrow will become today so ...

Today I need my mother's prayers.

One day obedience will melt the mortar and the bricks will lie in heaps on the ground. One day obedience will haul off the bricks. One day obedience will be my prayer path to His Throne. But one day hasn't come. It is still today.

Today I wish she were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment