Wednesday, December 19, 2012




The original Big Wheel from the '60's is back. That's pretty cool as I am also an original from the '60's, only I never left. I heard one reporter say his brother had one but he didn't. All I could think was, 'We were poor but I had one.' Then he said they should always be ridden with adult supervision. Um, considering my father was at work I can only conclude that I was supervised by a blind woman. (Insert chuckle here.) 

Now that's not totally true. I seem to recall our neighbor Doris being around most of the time. She had 2 daughters I played with.  I was also supervised by the parents of my friends Neils and Renee whenever I was at their respective houses. Of course Renee came post Big Wheel. Not much danger in Barbies and paper dolls. But I remember riding my Big Wheel without any other mothers around and without a helmet. 

If you have little one's between the ages of 3-8 years old and under 70 pounds they too can ride a blast from my past. I'm going to go with the reporter on this one though and say they should always be supervised and wear a helmet. I guess it's the mother in me not wanting to take unnecessary risks with children in this day and age. I shudder to think about the mother coming out to find her child injured or worse yet, an empty Big Wheel seat. 

My next blog post will be the day after Christmas. I hope you have to put off reading it because you're supervising your children, which by the way is a great way to make memories. 

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment